City of Clever Police Department
Responsibility - Accountability - Professionalism
File a Police Report
The Clever Police Department provides this document for the convenience of the citizens of Clever. To file a report please use the link below where you can download and print a copy of the form. Once completed, please bring your form to the Clever Police Department.
The Clever Police Department main office is not staffed on a full time basis and therefore not all calls may be answered or returned in a timely manner.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday - 8AM to 5PM, Closed 1PM to 2PM for Lunch
Clever Police Department Non-Emergency: 417-743-5109
Christian County Dispatch Non-Emergency: 417-582-1030
LAW ENFORCEMENT CODE OF ETHICS
City of Clever Police Department via the International Association of Chiefs of Police
As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve the community; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice.
I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all and will behave in a manner that does not bring discredit to me or to my agency. I will maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed both in my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the law and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.
I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, political beliefs, aspirations, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.
I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will never engage in acts of corruption or bribery, nor will I condone such acts by other police officers. I will cooperate with all legally authorized agencies and their representatives in the pursuit of justice.
I know that I alone am responsible for my own standard of professional performance and will take every reasonable opportunity to enhance and improve my level of knowledge and competence.
I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession… law enforcement.
CITY OF CLEVER POLICE DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT
The Police Department, in serving the people of the City of Clever, strives to reduce crime and provide a safe city by:
- Recognizing that its goal is to help people and provide assistance at every opportunity;
- Providing preventive, investigative, and enforcement services;
- Increasing citizen satisfaction with public safety and obtaining community cooperation through the Department's training, skills, and efforts; and
- Realizing that the Police Department alone cannot control crime, but must act in concert with the community and the rest of the Criminal Justice System.
In achieving this mission, the men and women of the City of Clever Police Department will conduct themselves in an ethical manner. They will:
- Respect and protect the rights of citizens as determined by the law;
- Treat citizens and their fellow employees courteously and with the same amount of dignity with which they expect to be treated themselves;
- Be examples of honesty and integrity in their professional and personal lives, thereby earning the public trust;
- Perform their duties with the knowledge that protection of the lives and property of all citizens is their primary duty; and
- Comply with the spirit and letter of the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.